Disaster risk management
Attend this informative Disaster Risk Management 3 day course and gain practical insight
Attend this informative Disaster Risk Management 3 day course and gain practical insight to:
- Identifying risks.
- Natural and emerging risks.
- The disaster Management act No. 57 of 2002.
- Disaster planning.
- After disaster – damage control.
This course is accredited by ECSA with 3 CPD points- SAAMA (00322) Participants will be competent on the following specific outcomes:
- Identify and discuss types of disasters and their implications on a macro and micro level.
- Discuss approaches to disaster management.
- Identify and implement disaster management policies.
- Analyse various disaster scenarios and make recommendations for effective disaster management.
The programme is a highly interactive one, where participants use group work and case studies to achieve the workshop objective. Each participant will receive a workbook and be assessed after the workshop. The workshop will have a post workshop assignment, which will be used for assessment purposes.
Date: 1st, 2nd + 3rd August 2012
Venue: Diaz Boutique Hotel, Randburg